Yes! Then, B.Pharm is the best course for you after 12th.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
is an college degree course in the field of Pharmacy education. The students who are keen on the medical field (except to become a doctor) can choose this course after the completion of class 12th (PCM/B)
. After the finish of this qualification, the students can rehearse as a Pharmacist. Drug specialists can work in a range of industries related to prescription, manufacture, and provision of medicines. The length of this course is 4 years.
The B.Pharm is one of the popular job oriented course among science students after class 12th
. In this course, the students study medications and meds, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry, and so on. This course gives a huge no. of openings for work in both general society and private divisions.
There are different vocation choices accessible for the science students after the completion of a B.Pharm degree. The students can go for higher studies in the Pharmacy i.e. Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm). This field is one of the evergreen fields in the medical sector, with the expanding interest of Pharma experts consistently.
Courses & Durations
The Pharmacy field offers you with heaps of vocation openings. If you wish to make your future in the pharmacy sector than you can pick one of the few courses. These course might be a diploma, degree, or postgraduate degree course.
- >Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm)
- >Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- >Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
- >Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
1. Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm):
The D.Pharm is a foundation course in the pharmacy field for a span of 3 years. This course covers the essential data identified with the Pharmacy field. It involves all the subjects which are identified with the pharmacy field.
2. Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm):
B. Pharm is a college degree course in the pharma field. The length of this course is 4 years. After the fulfillment of this course, an individual can rehearse as a Pharmacist or scientist.
- >Human Anatomy & Physiology
- >Pharmaceutical Maths & Biostatistics
- >Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
3. Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm):
Master of Pharmacy or M.Pharm is a postgraduate certificate course in Pharmacy after the fruition of this course, the students can either work in an organization or go for higher studies.
Some of the top pharmacy colleges in India offering UG & PG courses are given here:
- Government Pharmacy Institute, Bariatu
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Government College of Pharmacy, Maharashtra
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
NIRF Ranking 2019, announced by the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, not many changes are to be seen as compared to the NIRF Ranking 2019. The top 10 positions are acquired by:
- Jamia Hamdard
- Panjab University
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Punjab
- Institute of Chemical Technology
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Telangana
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Tamil Nadu
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Gujarat
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Karnataka
Students who want to join the B.Pharma program have to fulfill the given eligibility criteria:
- For admission to the Pharmacy courses, the student must have qualified class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.
- Students have to secure a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Students, who pass the three-year Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) are also allowed.
To get admission into the Pharmacy course, students have to complete their 10+2 education & apply for the national level or state level Pharmacy entrance exam. The national level entrance exam is the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2020)
. You can also apply for the state level exams such as TS EAMCET 2020
, AP EAMCET 2020
, BCECE 2020
, WBJEE 2020
, etc as per the eligibility criteria of the exams.
There are various exams conducted by private and public universities for admission to the various graduate and postgraduate Pharmacy courses. There are some well-known university level exams like BVP CET 2020
, IPU CET 2020
, MHT CET 2020
, etc. Few Institutions provide direct admission into the Pharmacy program without appearing in an entrance test on the basis of the 12th marks.
Career and Jobs
The pharmacy sector offers loads of chances to the students after the finishing of the course. The students can work in a Pharmaceutical organization or can rehearse as a Pharmacist. There is a tremendous number of chances accessible for the understudies in both open and private areas. You can likewise work in an administration part. Alongside this, you can likewise work in an Abroad Company. In the wake of finishing a graduation degree, you can work at government emergency clinics, private clinical shops, and private medical clinics/centers. You can likewise begin your own consultancies and clinical shop.
The students can work in a Pharmaceutical organization or can rehearse as a Pharmacist. In Pharmaceutical Company, you can work in divisions, for example, quality control, fabricating, pressing advertising, creation, and so on.
You can also make your career in Pharmaceutical Management
& marketing field as a Production Manager, Medical Representative, Area Manager, etc.
After the completion of the course the students can work as a:
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Bio-Technology Industries
- Drug Therapist
- Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Health Inspector
- Pathological Lab
- Research & Development
- Making Prescription to Patients
- Research Officer
- Hospitals and Clinics (Government and Private)
- State wise Drugs and Pharmaceutical Boards
- Medical Shop chains (the likes of Apollo Pharmacy)
- Chemist Shops
- Abbott India
- Research bodies and labs
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Glaxo Smith Kline India
In India, there are numerous business openings accessible for competitors who finished their Pharmacy instruction. The compensation in this calling shifts from organization to organization in which an individual is working. The beginning compensation for a fresher in this field can be Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 18,000 every month in India. In the wake of picking up involvement with this field, you can procure approx Rs. 9 to 12 Lakh for every annum. In abroad the beginning compensation could be anyplace between $15000 to $25000 per annum.
Books & Study Material
- Pharmaceutical Mathematics & Biostatistics by A.R Vasistha
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry –II by M.P Saluja
- Pharmaceutical Analysis – I by Nitin, Anjana Sharma
- Textbook of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry 1st Edition by Mohammed Ali
- Practical Pharmaceutical Chemistry by A.H Beckett & J.B Stenlake
- Self Study Guide B. Pharma Entrance Exam 2020 Arihant Experts
- Study Guide B. Pharma 2020 Arihant Experts)